We are determined to keep making change with your support in 2024. Here are our top priorities:
- Build a strategy to improve and quicken access & approval pipelines. We are counting on scientific progress coming down the pike and need to ready the system for drug development, scientific review, approval, and access.
- Launch a Cures Coalition to bring the ALS and neurodegenerative community together and collaboratively improve national understanding, visibility, energy, and compassion around ALS and related diseases.
- Host an inaugural ALS Community Summit! Building on the May flag ceremony, this event will now include more time for connecting and networking; advocate-led training sessions, story sharing, and much more. More info and registration coming soon!
- Scale the movement and our support services through the development of a peer support specialist program, where trained volunteers will be able to provide client support and help us tackle the growing pool of requests.
- Push for federal improvements that help families, including increases in research and expanded access dollars, plus stronger access for veterans and home health.
Still, I AM ALS will deliver all that we typically do and more than these activities in 2024, thanks to our incredible volunteer community, dedicated funders, and a small-but-mighty staff.